Motor Insurance

Motor Insurance

Covers are available for the following categories of vehicles;

  1. Private cars – These are vehicles that are used for social, domestic and pleasure purposes only.
  2. Commercial Vehicles – These are vehicles that are used for the insured business only e.g. pick-ups, trucks, vans, school/company buses.
  3. Motor cycles – Used for the insured’s business only.
  4. Other vehicles - include agricultural type vehicles of tractors, combine harvesters, construction vehicles of graders and shovels, to emergency response vehicles of ambulances, fire tenders etc.

Scope of cover: For each category of vehicle, three types of covers can be purchased;

    Third Party Only (TPO) - This cover provides for liability to third parties only in respect of bodily injury and damage to third party property.

    Third Party Fire and Theft (TPF&T) – In addition to the TPO cover above, this cover extends cover the insured’s vehicle against the risks of fire and theft, including partial theft.

    Comprehensive - In addition to TPF&T, this policy extends to cover any other accidental damage to the vehicles including collision, overturning, effects of floods, Earthquakes etc.